Google Mail is one of the most used webmail services available on the web. It was created by Paul Buchheit in 2004. The product was initiated by offering 1GB of free storage to its users, which was a lot more than what competitors were offering at that time. Google Mail soon became a huge hit and the webmail giants had to relaunch their product with new features to survive in the market. Google Mail soon earned the tag of the most used email service on the internet. The company is still maintaining that tag in 2019. One of the reasons for the popularity of Google Mail is its features. Today, we are going to talk about how can you enable new features in Gmail? Let’s first learn about some widely known popular features of Google Mail.
New Features of Gmail | 2019
- Google Mail offers a much better inbox viewing experience than all its popular competitors. Advertisements never interfere with your viewing experience.
- Gmail offers an excellent Spam filter that filters out all the spam messages from your inbox.
- The official app provided by Gmail is simply amazing. It is better than all other mail apps available on the app store of any OS platform. You can easily sync, compose and navigate through your email account with the app. You can even integrate the email account of other mail services in the app.
- You can undo a sent mail within 30 seconds of sending it. It is one of the features of Gmail that most people are unaware of.
- You can log in to your Gmail account without a password by using your smartphone to log in.
Gmail offers many amazing features to its users. There are some of the features of Google Mail which are only known to some. Let’s have a look at some of those features.
Enabling new features in Gmail
- You can expand and shrink the view of your Gmail inbox. To do that, you have to go to the settings of your account and then select “Display density.” You can then make changes as you want in the display of the inbox.
- You can edit the label and categories from the menu button of Gmail. Click on Manu>, Label & Categories (that you want to change)> More. Select the one you like.
- If you haven’t noticed then there are some icons present on the right side of your inbox. These are a vertical list of productivity tools. You can access Calendar, Tasks and Keep from the vertical list.
- You can even work offline on your Google account. Emails that you write offline are automatically sent when you have access to an internet connection. You have to enable this feature in order to use it. Go to Apps> G Suite> Gmail> User Settings> Gmail web offline> Enable it.
- You can use the smart compose feature to save time while typing your email. Smart compose which is powered by machine learning, automatically learns about the way you write your emails. It later gives you suggestions and prediction text while you type in your email. You can enable this feature while going to Settings> General> Smart Compose> Writing Suggestions On.
You can bookmark our website for more tutorials related to Google Mail and other email services.