Hotmail is one of the largest email web services available on the internet. Hotmail has been on the market for more than 20 years. It was launched by Sabeer Bhatia and Jack Smith in 1996. The email service gained popularity pretty quickly and Microsoft acquired Hotmail for $400 million in 1997.
Hotmail is known to be one of the first email services in the world. Hotmail became the most used email web service in 1999. Yahoo Mail and Hotmail used to be one of the only email services in the ’90s. In 2004, Google launched its webmail service named as Gmail. It gave a tough competition to all the other competitors present in the market. Hotmail launched its webmail services again with a lot of new features. Hotmail remained on the market and performed better than Yahoo mail.
Microsoft tried to change the name of the Hotmail many times however they failed many times. Users didn’t like it and it created a lot of confusion. Finally, in 2013 Microsoft renamed Hotmail as outlook.com. You will be redirected to outlook.com whenever you try to open hotmail.com. You can still choose the hotmail.com email domain while creating a Hotmail account. Hotmail is undoubtedly one of the best email web services available on the internet. What makes it best are its unique and amazing features. Let’s look at some of those features:
Features of Hotmail UK
- Features like Calendar, To-do, Tasks, and Contacts are integrated into Hotmail. You don’t have to go to a separate place for everything. Everything is in one place with Hotmail.
- Hotmail has one of the best spam filters among all the competitors. It filters out all the spam messages and puts them into spam folders.
- You can attach documents or files of up to 100MB which is 4 times larger than Google Mail.
- If you want to send a large file then you can upload it to One Drive and share the link.
- Microsoft provides free storage of up to 5GB for all of its Hotmail account users.
- Hotmail reminds you of all the upcoming events, transactions like flight tickets etc.
- You can also use other cloud services with Hotmail like Google Drive and Dropbox.
- You can also integrate Gmail with your Hotmail account. You can use your Hotmail inbox to send emails from your Gmail account.
- You can also use other webmail services from the Hotmail app that is available for Android, iOS and Windows platforms.
You can also make a Skype account with your Hotmail account.
- One of the best features of Hotmail is that it provides a focused inbox. All important emails appear at the front while you open your inbox. While all other emails stay in other folders. The service automatically learns about what’s important to you.
These are some of the unique features provided by Hotmail UK. You will learn more about features while using Hotmail yourself.
Today, we are going to discuss how to sign up and log in on Hotmail UK.
How to Sign up and Login Hotmail UK
Many people find it difficult to sign up and log in on Hotmail UK. Signing up and signing in on Hotmail UK is quite easy. Follow the procedure below to get it:
You can use the method to sign up with any device. We will use a web browser to sign up on Hotmail UK. We recommend using a good web browser like Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox or Safari web browser. Follow the steps below to sign up:
- Open a web browser on your device.
- Go to the URL tab and paste this link: “https://hotmail.co.uk” and hit enter.
- You will see “Create a free account” in the middle of the web page. Click on it.
- You will see an empty field in the middle of the webpage with an email domain.
- You have to enter a unique username for yourself. Enter it and choose an email domain from “Hotmail.co.uk or Outlook.com”. Click on “Next”.
- Now, you have to enter a unique password for your Hotmail account. Your password should be as follows: “Passwords must have at least 8 characters and contain at least two of the following: upper case letters, lower case letters, numbers, and symbols.”. After creating a strong password, click on “Next”.
- Now, you will have to enter your “First Name” and Last Name” in the required fields. After doing that click on “Next”.
- You will have to enter your personal details on the next web page. Select your country/region and date of birth in the required field and click on “Next”.
- You may have to enter a security captcha on the next page. Click on “Next”.
After doing all these steps your Hotmail account will be created. You can add security details such as your phone number for the security of your account.
Now, let’s talk about how you can log in on Hotmail UK.
How to Login on Hotmail UK:
We will use a web browser to log in on Hotmail UK. Follow the steps below to log in on Hotmail UK.
- Open a web browser on your device.
- Go to the URL bar and type “www.hotmail.co.uk” and hit enter.
- Now, you will see “Sign in” option at the top right corner of the browser. Click on it.
- You will have to enter your username with your email domain on the next page. After doing that click on “Next”.
- Enter your password on the next page and click on “Sign in”.
You will be logged into your Hotmail account.
You can bookmark our website for more tutorials related to Hotmail and other mail services.